The Shield: The Complete Third Season was released on DVD in North America on February 22, 2005.
The Strike Team deals with the aftermath of the Money Train Heist they carried, which has ignited a manhunt led by the Armenian Mob. As they try to tie their loose ends, they have to deal with the recent supervision of Claudette Wyms, as Captain David Aceveda prepares for the City Council elections.
Also, Dutch Wagenbach and Wyms deal with the murder of a defense attorney, who happened to be a heavy drug user. This prompts Wyms to explore further, which causes the re-opening of all the closed cases dealt by the attorney. This action puts her and Wagenbach on the "black list" with the current D.A.
Season 3 begins about four months after the events of Season 2.
The season follows a few main plots and several subplots:
- The Armenian Mob search for those responsible of the Money Train heist.
- The Strike Team discovers that the bills taken at the heist are marked and they attempt to get rid of them.
- Lem deals with the guilt of what they did.
- Dutch and Claudette are marginalized by the D.A. after a feud with Wyms.
- Claudette is assigned the supervision of the Strike Team.
- The Decoy Squad threatens the mainstay of the Strike Team.
- Julien deals with the aftermath of his attack.
- Danny is brought back to the Barn by Aceveda.
- Michael Chiklis as Vic Mackey (15 episodes)
- Catherine Dent as Danny Sofer (15 episodes)
- Walton Goggins as Shane Vendrell (15 episodes)
- Michael Jace as Julien Lowe (15 episodes)
- Kenneth Johnson as Curtis Lemansky (15 episodes)
- Jay Karnes as Dutch Wagenbach (15 episodes)
- Benito Martinez as David Aceveda (15 episodes)
- and CCH Pounder as Claudette Wyms (15 episodes)
- David Rees Snell as Ronnie Gardocki (15 episodes)
- Cathy Cahlin Ryan as Corrine Mackey (14 episodes)
- Michele Hicks as Mara Sewell (11 episodes)
- Gareth Williams as Walon Burke (7 episodes)
- Nicki Micheaux as Trish George (7 episodes)
- Matt Gerald as Tommy Hisk (7 episodes)
- Brian White as Tavon Garris (6 episodes)
- Frankie Rodriguez as Diagur Leyva (5 episodes)
- Kurt Caceres as Juan Lozano (4 episodes)
- Nigel Gibbs as Assistant Chief Roy Phillips (2 episodes)
- Sticky Fingaz as Kern Little (2 episodes)
- Kurt Sutter as Margos Dezerian (2 episodes)
|#||Title||Writer||Director||Original airdate||Production code