Before Season 3Edit
At some point, the Byz Lats planned to take control of the drug trade in Farmington. To achieve this, their leader - Garza - made a deal with a military officer called Lex to purchase illegal weapons and prepare for a gang war with the One-Niners.
After the weapons were delivered, Diagur Leyva, a soldier from the Byz Lats, convinced his father to serve as courier for a shipment of ammunition from Yuma, Arizona. After picking it up, he headed back to Los Angeles.
On his way back to Farmington, Jesse had an accident with a teenage drug dealer, which led the Strike Team to find out about the shipment of ammunition. During his interrogation, Jesse refused to implicate his son Diagur.
Vic Mackey and the Strike Team went to an arcade place where Diagur and the Byz Lats hanged out and threatened them if he found out they were arming themselves. Despite this, the Byz Lats killed a One-Niners soldier called Slap in a drive-by shooting.
As retaliation, Kern Little shoot at some Byz Lats gang members when they were hanging on the street.
- Garza - Leader
- Santi Galas - Leader
- Diagur Leyva - Member-turned-leader
- Juan Lozano - Aceveda's rapist
- Ricky - Small-time member
- Raymond Montes - Member who tried to convince Calva not to join the Torrucos
- Calva - Former member who tried to join the Torrucos
- Esteban - Attempted to become a member by carrying out Garza's orders to kill both Calva and Raymond
- Los Angeles has a neighborhood called the Byzantine Latino Quarter, formerly occupied mostly by Greeks and Latinos. The Byz Lats are presumably named after this neighborhood.
- A Latino gang with weapons, tattoos and modus operandi that are similar to the Byz Lats appear in series creator Shawn Ryan's military espionage series, The Unit, on which he also served on as Executive Producer.(Season 2, Episode 9)
- There is a brief mention of the Byz-Lats by Nero in Season 5 of Kurt Sutter's Sons of Anarchy in the episode "Darthy".